Sunday, June 12, 2005

An apology

I'm sorry, Pat Burrell. I'm sorry I ever doubted you. I'm still not crazy about your swing, but, hey, Dave Winfield didn't have a pretty swing and all he did was hit .308 or better four times, blast 465 homers and go to the Hall of Fame. And let's not even examine Vlad Guerrero's swing.

You're only 28 and maybe just now coming into your prime, like many players do at that age. Maybe it was Larry Bowa. Maybe it was the nagging injuries. Whatever the reason, you're hitting .324 with 13 homers and 54 RBI and should be an All-Star this season.

Of course, the true reason for the turnaround is probably the fact that I don't have you on my fantasy team this year, as I had the previous few seasons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are finally starting to see the light.