Thursday, May 18, 2006

Good Game!


The Orioles snapped a 13 game losing streak in head-to-head contests with the Boston Red Sox last night with a 4-3 victory at Camden Yards.

Erik Bedard pitched 7 innings allowing 1 ER, 2H and 3BB earning his 5th victory of the season. LaTroy Hawkins pitched a 1-2-3 8th. Chris Ray got banged around in the ninth, allowing 3 hits and 2 runs, but when the closer gives up 2 runs with a 3 run lead, it's called a Save.

The O's defense played errorless ball. The offense took advantage of the few mistakes BoSox starter Tim Wakefield made, including scoring the eventual winning run on a passed ball with 2 outs in the 6th inning.

I watched the game on TV; and I enjoyed watching the game. It's the first game I've seen this season where the O's looked like a major league team all around from first pitch to last.

With the O's now embarking on a 10 game road trip against the Nationals, Mariners and Angels (all 3 struggling themselves), I'm tempted to become hopeful that the O's might play well enough to get back over .500. A review of the O's starting rotation, however, convinces me that I'd better savor this one.

No comments: