Tuesday, May 09, 2006

It's Worse Than I Thought


Previous Predictions of a 4th place finish for the O's were premature. With the recent spate of injuries, the lousy pitching and the lousier defense, the Orioles are the worst team in the American League (with the possible exception of Kansas City).

While I have been favorably impressed with some of Perlozzo's managerial tactics, the defense is bad and bad defense is inexcusable. The Orioles lead the AL in errors. This statistic does not count stupid plays, such as failing to record an out when a runner is caught in a rundown, or a pitcher not stepping on first base to record an out scored as 3-1.

The outlook is bleak. I can't imagine that any player would want to play for Baltimore. I can't imagine that any player on the current O's roster would want to stick around.

I'm not certain that a house cleaning would do any good either, but maybe the O's should hire Howie Mandel, just in case.

No comments: