Friday, October 27, 2006

Right where we want 'em

My work schedule has cut into my World Series viewing and posting time. But we'll have to rely on history and hope the Tigs are right where they want to be -- down 3-1 to the Cards. Now, if we can only find Lolich, we'll be set.

Actually, I've got a very bad feeling after seeing Curtis Granderson slip and fall last night, helping the Cards to rally for a Game 4 triumph. Is it payback for Curtis Flood misjudging a fly ball in CF in Game 7 of 1968, giving Detroit the title? Perhaps.

This much is clear: The Tigs have been their own worst enemy for much of this series. I don't know if it's the layoff, or nerves, or simply bad timing. But it hasn't been pleasant to watch.

My nightmare of Jeff Weaver doing in the Tigers is coming closer to fruition. But Detroit's play has pretty much defied logic all year, so who knows what will happen next?

No comments: