Friday, September 22, 2006

Typical


A moderately sized group of Orioles fans staged a demonstration at yesterdays' O's vs. Tigers contest protesting the Orioles losing ways.

Orioles owner Peter Angelos responded thusly, "Whoever joins that protest has no comprehension of what it costs to run a baseball team. When you get down to facts, putting together a team that can compete in the AL East means having a payroll between $100-110 million. That money comes from the consumer, and I have chosen to keep ticket prices to a minimum. Our payroll is $75 million, and our ticket prices average $22. Some of the teams we compete against charge an average of $45. We're going to have to match the competition. How to do that is a decision I will make in the future."

I agree with the demonstrators. Angelos is a Loser. While Angelos is correct to point out that I have "no comprehension of what it costs to run a baseball team....", the fact that he uses this excuse marks him a Loser.

It is not my fault that it is expensive to operate a Major League Baseball franchise. Nor is it my fault that the Orioles have 9 consecutive losing seasons. Even if I had any comprehension of the costs involved, the Orioles would still have 9 consecutive losing seasons. There is nothing I can do about it.

Except stop giving a *#$&^#$.

No comments: